Care About Earth Programme
Through our Care About Earth program, we are committed to developing our products in a way that reduces their impact on the environment and thus contributing to environmental sustainability for present and to come generations.
Several work leads have been simultaneously launched, ensuring that the quality of our products is always met, with extra care taken to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and EU rules on cosmetics.
With every product we develop, we are mindful of our environmental and work to minimize our wrapping and maximize our use of recyclable and recycled materials.
Now we offer:
- recycled paper and cardboard packaging,
- recyclable paper, and stone-paper packaging.
Poly bags (PO) have been removed from our accessories’ packaging, in order to reduce as much as possible plastic use
Our cardboard boxes, brochures and leaflets are printed using water-based acrylic varnishes and vegetable-ink on responsible wrapping made from:
- Stone paper,
- FSC recycled paper and cardboard,
- PEFC paper from sustainably managed forests.
OUR BIO-SOURCED PACKAGING
In order to avoid the use of plastics made from limited resources, such as fossil fuels, we offer 100% plant-based tubes, bottles and Ecopump, mainly using sugar cane.
The sugar cane extraction process allows 5 successive cycles.
The first two produce high quality syrup designed for the sugar industry.
The three other cycles allow to produce bioethanol designed for biofuel (used as source of energy) and also to produce bio-ethylene. We manufacture our 100% bio-sourced packaging from this last component.
To sum up, our packaging are made from sugar cane’s residues, intended to sugar industry. That way, our production doesn’t harm the ecosystems of the producing areas.
We control the origin of our raw material: we only use sugar cane coming from sustainably managed fields and fair trade.
We reduce our carbon impact: one ton of planted sugar cane naturally captures around 2.5 tons of Co2 from the atmosphere, thereby contributing to air purification.
Our bio-resin pumps are made from natural raw material such as corn, sugar cane and potato.
OUR RECYCLED PACKAGING
We manufacture packaging that favors the use of recycled material:
- In PCR (post-consumer recycled) material coming from consumer waste sources that have been already used and discarded.
The bottles, caps and labels of our amenity line Scandinavian White are made from recycled materials:
- our bottles are in recycled PET and our caps are in recycled PP,
- the soap box is made from 90% recycled cardboard and the label is in 100% recycled paper.
- In PIR (post-industry recycled) plastic coming from the recovery of industrial garbage (manufacturing waste) or recalled products never used by consumers.
We are increasingly using this manufacturing process for the production of our caps, with the objective of achieving a 90% conversion rate from traditional plastic to recycled plastic by 2020.
We offer two kinds of dispensers in order to reduce the use of plastic
Can be ECOLABEL or COSMOS-ECOCERT certified.
- Exclusive airless technology, which avoids the use of preservatives in our formula.
- NORDIC SWAN certified
- Can be ECOLABEL certified
OUR SOAPS ARE
- 99% plant-based,
- Without EDTA and BHT soon,
- Formulated with palm oil from sustainably managed plantations.
OUR NATURAL FORMULAS
- Between 90 and 99% natural origin ingredients,
- Do not contain formaldehyde, phtalates, ionizing radiation or paraben,
- Are all tested under dermatological control and not tested on animals.
Our certified organic products are so by ECOCERT and accredited by COSMEBIO.
We offer a selection of ECOLABEL certified products.
WE ALSO OFFER A WIDE CHOICE OF FORMULA
- Natural perfumes
- Herbal extracts
- Essential oils
- Vegetable oils
- Ingredients of animal origin (vegan)
- Sulfates and mineral oils
- SLS and SLES
The Care About Earth Formula
To offer the most natural line possible without controversial ingredients.
An alternative for foamings: WITH SULFATE or SULFATE-FREE.
Excluded ingredients: Paraben, MIT, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, silicon, PEG, PPG, EDTA, BHT.
For shampoo, shower gel and conditioner.
- Without plastic
- Significantly reduced water consumption during production
Last longer compared to liquid product:
- Solid shampoo 20g = around 30 USES
- Liquid shampoo 20ml = around 3 USES
- Formula with and without sulfate
Available in 2019
Hotel and Spa Essentials aims to be an example of a good corporate citizen. We aim to do this by paying the correct corporate taxes, promote innovative and sustainable products, as well as giving back to the community that gave us our opportunities.
- Consistently providing excellent, reliable service
- Transparent business practises
- Excellent quality control and product safety
- Hotel and Spa Essentials proudly sponsors Young Focus, a charity for the education of kids from Smokey Mountain
- Through regular donations to the local Red Cross
- We abide by the local labours and pay faire, livable wages.